Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thing #1 Reflections on Lifelong Learning

Wow I am such a procrastinator. Being a theatre person myself, I find that I usually take things as they come. This has both its advantages and disadvantages (mainly disadvantages). Learning 2.0 made me think about how I can start up a journal and then never finish it, pick up a book that I really want to read and then only get a third of the way in, (they do look really cool on my book shelf though) and in general, I am easily distracted.
I know I am a good planner. That is for sure. I think, as long as I stick to my guns, buckle down, and set some strong laws down for myself I can be a better lifelong learner and benefit myself and lifestyle in the process.
Habit 1 is probably the one I do the best, "Begin with the end in mind." I am great at thinking of the big picture. The hard part is figuring out the little steps to get to the top. I think this is still important to me as this is a problem I need to fix. Dreaming and thinking big is something I do all the time, now it is time to put it in action.
And of course, Habit 7 1/2 is my favorite. I still learn while having fun. I play all the time, I feel it really is the best way for me to learn. I think this is not only important to me but to everyone. If I don't make the learning process fun, I feel that I get to bored with a project. it is important for me to keep this in mind.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wish I was a procrastinator... but I am not. I always have to have a very detailed plan. I get so involved with details that quite often I cannot see the big picture. I do not mean that I forget my goals. I always have them in mind. What I am trying to say is that sometimes, achieving things take me longer than I think, because I pay close attention to details. And if you know others like me, you would already know that I am a perfectionist. It is not only a matter of doing things, but doing them perfectly. And yes, I am aware that there is no such thing as perfection, so I spend a lot of my time trying to get as close to perfection as it gets.
    I think that I need to give another thought to the fact that I need to give permission to myself to play more, and perhaps to be happier.

    ReplyDelete